Skip to main content

Under Armour Charged Bandit review

Now that Under Armour has come to India via Amazon, thought i will share my experience of using their shoes. Have been using Under Armour's Charged Bandit for last 8 months. I have run 750 odd kms in these shoes. Bought this pair in US.Charged bandit is for long run and it printed inside with biggest font. Have used it for training and for my first marathon.


It is comfortable shoes fits the feet snugly, gives a nice bounce while running quickly, feels quick, provides very good support to the feet. Made for neutral feet.

Look:
Nicely designed with understated good looks, am using a black and neon green combination with white sole and near the heels. Upper part is flexible andvery breathable with double layer mesh. The sole has grren support in shape of bones in the feet, nice touch.


Feel:
Feels soft and comfortable with lot of arc support. In fact, it is slight uncomfortable on one of my feet. I just had push down the support for my left foot which is slightly flatter than the other before wearing and soft form adapts well. The front part is narrow, people with wide feet may feel it is restricts toe movement. Drop is 12 mm, can get used to it quickly.

Performance:
Sole has minimal wear despite the kms put in. I feel slight hardening in the front part of the shoes probably because of higher drop. There is a slight wear near the heels. It is built for durability. Did not take too much time to break in could got used it within first 20 kms. It support the complete foot. Gives a little bounce over longer distance, can feel the difference while taking quicker strides,it gives a noticeable bounce making me feel I am not moving my legs fast enough. Need to adjust the strides for this then it becomes a comfortable ride. However there is a slight slip near the heels while running quickly. Laces are excellent, never has come off while running.

Pros:
Comfortable with good support
Goot fit
Durable
Responds to change in speed

Cons:
Not for people with wide front foot
High arc support not for people with flat feet
Slippling heels

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Malnad ultra

I decided to sign up for the Malnad Ultra inspired by Praful of Free runners. In preparation, I ran the Nandi hills bull run 25kms in Aug. It took out 10 days from my marathon training due to body ache. The steep 700 ft stairs climb and the crazy run down hill hurt me. My Bengaluru marathon was disappointing. I realized I had not put in enough long runs, thanks to Bull run, Wipro run and a bout of cold and fever. So I decided to do a long run and only available opportunity was on 19th Oct, 6 days after Bengaluru marathon, I decided to run for 5 hours on Airport road. I did an easy self supported run, was feeling good during the run and wrapped it up after 43 kms in 4 hrs 35 min. My longest run ever. I really felt good and confident. 2 marathons in a span of 1 week was good prep I thought. Next weekend was an easy half marathon and then taper down. I had not booked anything to stay at Chickamaglur, Sathish a common friend had assured me it is booked for me too. Pradhyumna of free ru

Breaking 4 - Preparation

It’s an unimaginative title. But after the last year's touch and go, completing marathon in 4 hours had become my single focus of running. I registered early and came up with a training plan based on Hal Higdon's intermediate plan spread over 16 weeks. Total mileage was 725 kms over the 4 months. My plan was to run Tempo on Tuesdays , Intervals on Thursdays, LSD Saturdays and Sundays was Fartlek as our WRC coach Hari decided at Cubbon park. Week days had to accommodate my long travel to office and work hours. Plan was to hit 55-60 Kms/week for last 5 weeks I had focused on Bengaluru 10k challenge, so my max distance was around 12k when I started on 8-July. Spirit of Wipro run half marathon on 25-Sep was part of my plan. Started on 8 July, the first 4 weeks went according to the plan. Waking up early on Tuesdays and Thursdays affected my sleep pattern, so was waking too early and falling asleep towards dawn. My week mileage was getting affected. But I was making up during Sa